Five Years Integrated BBA+LLB
The School of Law offers five year integrated BBA LL.B Degree program spread over ten semesters. The curricula is designed and oriented to impart contemporary legal knowledge, acts, legal procedures, apart from integrating the modern technology enabled systems, processes and procedures in the process of imparting an optimal blend of teachings in Indian laws as well as international laws.
The curricula shall be designed, customized and oriented to impart contemporary legal knowledge, acts, legal procedures, apart from integrating the modern technology enabled systems, processes and procedures in the process of imparting an optimal blend of teachings in Indian laws as well as international laws to make sure that our students are globally employable in globalized economies of the globe. The program has been innovatively designed to cater to the growing challenges and complexities of the dynamic legal and business environment of India and abroad.
The pedagogy adopted by the School of law shall be contemporary and advanced keeping in tune with the IVY league universities of the globe with a focus on legal writing, advocacy skills, moot courts, legal research, cases and case analysis, video cases, audio cases, lectures, simulations, case proceedings analysis, judgment analysis, judgment review etc. The program has been innovatively designed and structured to sustain the learning curve of the student simultaneously ensuring that the course content, knowledge and skills about the law and legal procedures are acceptable in various courts in India and abroad with an overall focus on transforming the personality of the students for global employability. The program is progressively dynamic in nature wherein the faculty members shall/may discuss some of the latest developments in the area of law as and when they occur including their impact, implications and ramifications.
Duration: 5 years
- Focus on learning by doing through classroom assignments, seminars and project work, case studies, role plays etc.
- Compulsory internships after the end of each year.
- Organisation of various activities for the development of advocacy and research skills.
- Wide range of elective subjects
- Inclusion of Interdisciplinary and Multidisciplinary aspects in the curriculum
- State legal principles & will be able to critically analyse complex Socio-legal problems.
- Be eligible to practice in Courts, Industries, Companies etc
- Exhibit professional skills required for legal practice such as argument, pleading, drafting, conveyancing etc.
- Understand and apply principles of professional ethics of the legal profession.
- Demonstrate legal research skills & legal reasoning and apply it during the program & in Legal practice.
- Develop an attitude of self-reflection while learning & recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent learning in the broadest context of changing legal contexts.
- Provide a platform of self-employability by developing professional skills in the legal industry
- Develop leadership qualities amongst students.
- Create & build awareness about Constitutional, legislative & societal transformation & develop clinical abilities.
- Display skills in legal research, written and oral communication, teamwork, advocacy, and problem-solving
- Apply Law in Social Sciences and other Interdisciplinary explorations.
- Design /Develop and deliver meaningful learning experiences for the community by integrating their knowledge of content and pedagogy and creating a learning environment for the holistic development of the students.
- Successful completion of Class XII (10+2) or equivalent examination in any stream with 50% aggregate marks of equivalent grade. Students expecting their results by the month of July may also apply for provisional admission.
- The admissions will preferably be based on CLAT / LSAT or any National Level Law Entrance Test. Candidates are required to appear in CLAT / LSAT or any National Level Entrance Exam held by a Law School/ University in India.
- In case the student has received the Class XII certificate from abroad or has been an IB student and has received IB diploma an equivalence certificate issued from Association of Indian University (AIU) must be attached with the application form.
- Age of the candidate should not be more than 22 years as on the first day of September, for the intended year of admission
- Past academic credentials.
- Completion of Application Form including Statement of Purpose.
- Entrance Test.
- Personal Interview.