Five Years Integrated BA+LLB
School of Law, established in the year 2012, offers a curriculum designed to impart contemporary legal knowledge, acts, legal procedures, discussions of contemporary technology-enabled systems, processes and procedures in the course of teaching Indian laws as well as international laws. The focus is on developing a critical and usable understanding of the laws of India and international laws extending to related domain areas such as business, international trade and relations.
The teaching-learning process blends knowledge and skills in such a way that the student can apply them in the real world with a focus on promoting and delivering multi-disciplinary inquiry and practical appreciation of problems. The pedagogy offers an optimal integration of classroom lectures, Moot Courts, Cases, Case Studies, Judgment Review & Analysis, Projects and Assignments.
Each course is monitored by a module leader who facilitates academic delivery by professional/s and/or academician/s having proven competencies and experience in a range of domain areas under law and allied areas. The module leader provides a teaching plan well in advance: the plan includes course outline, teaching plan, reference materials, cases, etc. A module handbook consists of various case studies, lecture notes, research papers, judgments and judicial reviews of various courts, reports, and allied content is also provided to each student
Duration – 5 years
- Focus on learning by doing through classroom assignments, seminars and project work, case studies, role plays etc.
- Compulsory internships after the end of each year.
- Organisation of various activities for the development of advocacy and research skills.
- Wide range of elective subjects
- Inclusion of Interdisciplinary and Multidisciplinary aspects in the curriculum
- State legal principles & will be able to critically analyses complex Socio-legal problems.
- Be eligible to practice in Courts, Industries, Companies etc
- Exhibit professional skills required for legal practice such as argument, pleading, drafting, conveyancing etc.
- Understand and apply principles of professional ethics of the legal profession.
- Demonstrate legal research skills & legal reasoning and apply it during the program & in Legal practice.
- Develop an attitude of self-reflection while learning & recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent learning in the broadest context of changing legal contexts.
- Provide a platform of self-employability by developing professional skills in legal industry
- Develop leadership qualities amongst students.
- Create & build awareness about Constitutional, legislative & societal transformation & to develop clinical abilities.
- Display skills in legal research, written and oral communication, teamwork, advocacy, and problem-solving
- Apply Law in Social Sciences and other Interdisciplinary explorations.
- Design /Develop and deliver meaningful learning experiences for the community by integrating their knowledge of content and pedagogy and creating a learning environment for holistic development of the students.
- Successful completion of Class XII (10+2) or equivalent examination in any stream with 50% aggregate marks of equivalent grade. Students expecting their results by the month of July may also apply for provisional admission.
- The admissions will preferably be based on CLAT / LSAT or any National Level Law Entrance Test. Candidates are required to appear in CLAT / LSAT or any National Level Entrance Exam held by a Law School/ University in India.
- In case the student has received the Class XII certificate from abroad or has been an IB student and has received IB diploma an equivalence certificate issued from the Association of Indian University (AIU) must be attached with the application form.
- Age of the candidate should not be more than 22 years as on the first day of September, for the intended year of admission
- Past academic credentials.
- Completion of Application Form including Statement of Purpose.
- Entrance Test.
- Personal Interview.