Integrated M.Sc. – Hospitality Management
The hospitality industry is one of the fastest-growing industries worldwide. From tourism and travel to restaurants and luxury retail- career opportunities are abundant in a plethora of sectors which is growing day by day. Travel and tourism are predicted to outperform the global economy. Travel and Tourism supported 292 million jobs across the world in 2016. That adds up to an average of 1 in 10 of all jobs worldwide. According to WTTC report 2018, by 2028, travel and tourism will support 23% of all new jobs created.
The Indian tourism and hospitality industry has emerged as one of the key drivers of growth in the services sector in India. Tourism in India has significant potential considering the rich cultural and historical heritage, variety in ecology, terrains and places of natural beauty spread across the country. The total contribution by the travel and tourism sector to India’s GDP is expected to increase from Rs 15.24 trillion (US$ 234.03 billion) in 2017 to Rs 32.05 trillion (US$ 492.21 billion) in 2028. India was ranked 7th among 184 countries in terms of travel & tourism’s total contribution to GDP in 2017.
Tourism is also a potentially large employment generator besides being a significant source of foreign exchange for the country. The travel & tourism sector in India accounted for 8% of the total employment opportunities generated in the country in 2017, employing around 41.6 million people during the same year. The number is expected to rise by 2% annum to 52.3 million jobs by 2028. This has immensely enhanced the requirement of trained hospitality personnel. International hotel chains are increasing their presence in the country, as they will account for around 47% share of the Tourism and hospitality sector of India by 2020 & 50% by 2022.
Duration – 1 / 2 years*
The student will articulate and illustrate fundamental concepts and theories and also integrate inter-disciplinary aspects in providing solution frameworks for the hospitality industry
- The student will be able to use technology tools, software packages, effective communication and teamwork to enhance organizational efficiency and problem-solving in the hospitality aspects
- The student will be able to demonstrate a professional demeanor, critical thinking, problem-solving attitude, and leadership needed for managerial positions in the hospitality industry
- The student will be able to identify contemporary social problems, explore the opportunities for social entrepreneurship, design business solutions and demonstrate ethical standards in organizational decision-making
- Students shall be able to think creatively, to discover new product offerings and services to satisfy the customer needs
- The student will be able to develop effective oral and written communication, especially in business applications, with the use of appropriate technology (business presentations, digital communication, social network platforms, etc.)
Demonstrate how organizational behaviour and organizational practices can aid in improving the performances and well-being of people at work
Demonstrate a global outlook with the ability to identify aspects of the global tourism business and cross-cultural understanding
- Design an accounting and financial information system for a hospitality organization for management decision-making
- Understand consumer behaviour and the use of appropriate pricing strategies to increase profitability
Assess the impact of the latest hospitality research and marketing tools on the hospitality industry
Understanding leadership roles at various levels of the organization and leading teams
Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of hospitality management principles and apply these to one’s work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of changing trends in the hospitality industry
Bachelor’s degree (10+2+3 OR 10+2+4) from a recognized University / Institute in India or abroad, with a minimum of 50% marks.
- In case the Bachelor’s degree is received from abroad, an equivalence certificate issued from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) must be attached to the application form.
- Students expecting their results may also apply for provisional admission subject to the fact that their aggregate score in the Bachelor Degree Examination shall be a minimum of 50% marks.
- Hotel Management Graduates (4 years) are only eligible for 1 year Master’s
- Past academic credentials.
- Completion of Application Form including Statement of Purpose.
- Personal Interview