Mr. S B Dangayach
Former MD Sintex Industrialist, Expert on Industrial Administration
Mr. S.B. Dangayach is distinguished alumnus of IIM Ahmedabad with India centric mind set focused on social, economic and technological spheres. Mr. Dangayach is a passionate proponent of green, clean and sustainable development and has hence devoted all his efforts to evolve products and solutions in domains of water, wastewater, affordable housing, social infrastructure, renewable energy, waste management and health. With proven record of innovation and entrepreneurship he has the ability to ideate, strategize and implement projects, programmes and plans by proper interdisciplinary coordination and leadership.
Mr. Dangayach has helped in building brand “Sintex” into a formidable entity offering innovative and affordable solution across sectors during his long career of over 42 years in leadership position including over a decade as Managing Director. He is currently associated with Sintex group of Companies as Director and is Chairman of Healwell International Limited.
Mr. Dangayach received “Best Manager” award of 1998 from Ahmedabad Management Association. He is also featured in bestselling book “Stay Hungry Stay Foolish” of Rashmi Bansal as a role model for intrapreneurs.
Mr. Dangayach has been part of many foreign delegations of Prime Minister and Chief Minister of Gujarat. Some of the noteworthy milestones are:
- Regular speaker at many symposia, seminars and conferences relating to plastics, environment, affordable housing, Homoeopathy, renewable energy, waste management, water etc.
- Conceptualized and anchored popular series of lectures at Ahmedabad Management Association under title of
- Ex-Chairman of National Advisory Board of Plastindia Foundation.
- Member of Advisory Committee on Vibrant Gujarat since beginning.
- Visualized and created Sintex Chair at CEPT University for sustainable building materials and technologies.
- Created and delivered a course on “Waste Business Management” at IIM, Ahmedabad to highlight immense business opportunities in the domain of waste.
- Created and delivered a course on “Doing Business with Government & PSU’s” at Entrepreneurship Development Institute, Gandhinagar.
- Independent Director on Board of Gujarat Mineral Development Corporation Limited and Gujarat Industrial Power Company Limited.