Diploma in Contemporary Bakery & Patisserie has been developed in response to the demand for practical skills, backed with knowledge in all aspects of bakery technology and entrepreneurship. Candidates will qualify with in-depth bakery knowledge, hands-on capabilities in making contemporary products and entrepreneurial competencies.
Duration: 1.5 years
- Curriculum focusing on the core skills development and knowledge required by the industry
- Understanding the commercial and technical aspects of the baking profession
- Garnering managerial skills required by a specialist for entrepreneurial ventures
- Industrial visits and expert guest lectures providing valuable insights
- Industry exposure with 6 months of paid International Internship
- Exhibiting core baking theory concepts and advanced classical and contemporary pastry and confectionary techniques
- Acquiring solid theoretical and practical foundation in baking practices and producing quality handcrafted items
- Meeting the contemporary needs of the hospitality industry through a uniquely designed curriculum
- Demonstrating the artistic and technical skills required to excel in the profession
- Developing competencies for entrepreneurial start-ups
- Successful completion of Class XII (10+2) or equivalent examination in any stream with 50% aggregate marks or equivalent grade. Students expecting their results by July 2022 may also apply for provisional admission.
- Students appearing for their Class XII examination will be given provisional admissions based on their Class X performance.
- In case the student has received the Class XII certificate from abroad or has been an IB student and has received an IB diploma an equivalence certificate issued from the Association of Indian University (AIU) must be attached with the application form.
- Past academic credentials.
- Completion of Application Form including Statement of Purpose.
- Personal Interview.