Post Graduate Diploma In Financial Markets
The Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Markets is a 1 year program with the objective of developing professionals capable of occupying positions of responsibility in stock exchanges, commodity exchanges, regulatory bodies, market intermediaries, banks, mutual funds, asset management companies and other similar entities. The uniqueness of the programme lies in its extensive use of market professionals as resource persons for the programme. Apart from sound grounding in academic concepts pertaining to the capital markets, the participants will get a chance to interact with senior regulatory officials, executives of exchanges, leading merchant bankers and foreign institutional investors. What has been sought to be achieved is an ideal blend of relevant academic knowledge and its application to financial markets. Pedagogy for the programme comprises class room teaching, case studies, panel discussions, presentations and visits to national and overseas financial centres. Skills development has been given special emphasis by providing simulated live market conditions, trading and investment software so that the students are market ready.
Duration: 1 Year
- MOU with BSE Brokers’ Forum for knowledge dissemination, internship and placement assistance
- Globally benchmarked curriculum designed jointly by academicians and industry experts
- Experienced Faculty
- Practical, hands-on training in advanced financial software
- Extensive live market training through trading simulations
- Visits to national financial centers and stock exchanges
- Guest lectures, seminars and industry-integrated training sessions
- Internship and Placement Assistance
- Bachelor’s degree (10+2+3 or 10+2+4) from a recognized University / Institute in India or abroad, with a minimum of 50% marks.
- In case the Bachelor’s degree received from abroad, an equivalence certificate issued from Association of Indian University (AIU) must be attached with the application form.
- Students expecting their results by July 2020 may also apply for provisional admission subject to the fact that their aggregate score in Bachelor Degree Examination shall be a minimum of 50% marks.
The objectives of PGDFM program include the following:
- To develop intensive, systematic and practical understanding of various aspects of Financial markets
- To engage with real tools, techniques and best practices that can be applied on the job
- To broaden the horizon and expand the network of the participant through extensive interaction with peers and mentors
- To imbibe experiential learning that shall help the participant sustain in the dynamic and challenging world of financial markets