Post Graduate Diploma in Family Managed Business
Post Graduate Diploma in Family Managed Business is specifically designed to advance awareness about the prospects, characteristics and future challenges to family businesses, although family businesses in India have distinction of having deep-rooted cultural values, along with the Joint-family structure and strong inclination towards kinship and brotherhood, in present dynamics of business environment it very difficult to retain deep-rooted cultural values along with the growth trajectories of business. This programme will enable family business owners to build on and leverage on the strengths of the family businesses and ponder through and develop suitable solutions to respond to the complexities and uncertainties in their existing businesses for sustainable and holistic growth, creation of wealth across generations and attracting and retaining right professional talent.
Programme is designed based on innovative pedagogy and latest researches on global family owned businesses. This course would enhance the knowledge for those who are involved in family business on broad areas of general management including succession and family dynamics to continuity planning and strategic performance.
Duration: 1 Year
Learn and Work Convergence:- The students are continuously in work & learn mode, the classes are held only 3 days per week and 3 days they spend compulsorily in their own businesses delving better understanding of the same.
Facilitators:- Top rank faculties from best business schools in India ,renowned management guru’s ,Working Business professionals and Practicing Consultants are the facilitators in a typical PGDFMB class in AURO to sharpen the ability and develop skills to understand the intricacies desired to scale up the family business.
Peer Evaluation Assignments:- Innovative pedagogy includes an unique way of handling assessment structure wherein the written examinations are replaced by experiential grading classroom sessions with peer evaluations on their real time business.
Networking:- Lunch with Leaders – Prominent business leaders of society are invited to share their leadership journeys and inspire and motivate the students to craft their own leadership endeavor’s. Students are able to network and build their own connections during the interactions.
Action Based Learning:-ACTION PLAN – Is a tailor-made module in phase 2 and 3 for each student which caters as an unique stimulator where the students need to pick choose one specific task in their respective business to be accomplished in a period of 8 months. Experienced mentors do the handholding during the period for successful accomplishment of the tasks. Authentic assessment and documentation helps in assimilation of the task.
International Trip:- International Immersion trip gives exposure to understand the Global family business scenario and develop creative thinking abilities for applications in ones own business environment. Europe and Italy have been identified as the next prominent family owned business countries.
- Bachelor’s degree (10+2+3 or 10+2+4) from a recognized University / Institute in India or abroad, with a minimum of 50% marks.
- In case the Bachelor’s degree received from abroad, an equivalence certificate issued from Association of Indian University (AIU) must be attached with the application form.
- Student expecting their results by July 2019 may also apply for provisional admission subject to the fact that their aggregate score in Bachelor Degree Examination shall be a minimum of 50% marks.
- Compulsorily need to have a family business background
The one year duration helps in providing strong technical, economic & financial understanding of the business in order to scale up, diversify & manage the business
The program helps to promote participation in their existing business by working on their skills and entrepreneurial competencies
The major benefit derived from PGDFMB is that he participants get prepared for a leadership role for his/her family business and be positive influence
Pedagogy: Workshops, Seminars & Interactive Sessions
- Students are given projects and assignments on one’s own business . this helps the participants to have a comprehensive understanding on the various facets of their family business
- Lectures and presentations by learned and experienced faculty and business professionals are the integral parts of the programme
- Experiential learning through field visits both domestic and international , give the students the perspective of understanding various businesses and inspire them to scale their own
- Our unique teaching pedagogy of teaching through thought-provoking case studies serves as a catalyst in transforming the students from learners to working professionals of their business